10X is a Strength and Conditioning Workout which we scaled for beginners, intermediate, advanced, and expert level athletes. If you are looking for a gym that you can workout twice a week to get you strong and into great shape… you’ve come to the right place. Find out who won our January 10X Competition.
10X Strength and Conditioning Overview
The goal is to complete as many Jumping Pull-ups, Assisted Dips, Kettlebell Front Squats, and Jump Over Burpees as you can in 30 minutes. You’ll do 10 reps of each exercise in that order. Your score is the number of rounds you complete in the 30 minutes. (View the Whole Workout Here). We award gift cards based on your performance in each category. We consider your current level of fitness, age, and injuries when making our selection. We’ll be announcing our winners one by one on this page.
So Luis took Most Improved Athlete with his dominating 8 rounds performance. But who won our coveted top 5 places?
Coaching Notes and Workout Rules
WOD Explanation: (3 minutes)
Skills Scaling: (8 Minutes)
Warmup: (10 Minutes)
- Shoulders, front core, lower back, hip openers.
Levels for 10X Strength and Conditioning
Determine the level by testing out whether the athlete can complete 10 reps of each move at each scaling level with good form. Select the highest level program in which good form can be maintained. Remember this is a strength and conditioning workout. Proper intensity and technique must be maintained.
10 Rounds for time. 30 Minute– Time Cap. AMRAP. Record how many rounds are completed. So 4.3 means 4 rounds done and client stopped on the 10 Jump Over Burpees.
10 Jumping Pull-ups.
- Bar is 6 inches overhead (use the black roller and make sure the client can walk under the hanging bar).
- Expert & Advanced (Chest to Bar pull-ups).
- Intermediate & Beginner (Chin to Bar).
- Dips… must humorous must descend below the elbow
- Expert (No assist).
- Advanced (Medium band Assist).
- Intermediate (Box assisted).
- Beginner (Box Dips)
10 Dual KettleBelll Front Squats:
- Must be to depth. Don’t count partial squats. If they cannot do 10 in a row, they have to re-clean the kettle bells up. Elbow should be up.
- Expert (44# Men’s/35# Women’s)
- Advanced (35/25)
- Intermediate (25/15)
- Beginner Plate Squat.
10 Jump Over Burpees:
- Use a 2 Sandbags as the jump over the target. Feet must be together (no stepping over). Chest must touch the floor.
- Expert & Advanced. As written.
- Intermediate: 7 Burpees
- Beginner: 5 Burpees
- Calves & Quads
- Heart Openers and Backbends