Featured Exercise Videos Who We Are: We are a …
Reading Time: 2 minutes Making a commitment to your bodybuilding routine is crucial to seeing results, but there may be other issues stopping your body from progressing in the right direction. The trainers at Sand & Steel Fitness are the experts in bodybuilding around Old Town Alexandria and would love to give you some tips on how to continue your bodybuilding journey.
Reading Time: 1 minute Bodybuilding breakfast and lunch for rapid weight loss Prepared …
Reading Time: 7 minutes A Curated List of Effective Workouts, Weight Loss Tips, and Lifehacks to help you Get Healthy and Stay Healthy. The Get Healthy Stay Healthy Guide covers every personal training, yoga, nutrition, lifestyle, and health topic for all people. It contains every secret, life-hack, and shortcut. After two hours of Googling, you finally found it. The Roadmap, Landmark Guide to Get Healthy Stay Healthy.
Reading Time: 4 minutes High bar Barbell Back Squat — 13 points of performance to improve your technique on the squat and reduce the risk of injury. This overview discusses techniques to properly generate core bracing to help prevent lower back pain. This article includes video demonstrations on key squat faults such as “butt winking” and “broken wrist faults.”
Reading Time: 11 minutes I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
Personal Training, Nutrition, Yoga & Mobility Alexandria VA 22314 …
Reading Time: 2 minutes Congratulations to Robin’s 10th Place Finish at Nationals! We …
Reading Time: 3 minutes TRX Suspension Trainer Programming, Workouts, and Scaling. During the Seminar, we’ll teach you how to perform over 20 TRX exercises such as the atomic pushup and the TRX Pike. We’ll cover scaling options and cover points of performance for safe execution of these exercises. The seminar will feature a detailed comparison of the TRX Suspension Trainer against its closest rivals (Olympic Rings and Jungle Gym Trainer.) We’ll be covering common movement faults and how to use the TRX Suspension Trainer Safely.
Reading Time: 5 minutes An in-depth review of the Brute Force Sandbag Exercise Equipment + access to our full database on Sandbag Exercises. We’ll be reviewing the Brute Force Brand Sandbag and comparing it to its close competitors Ultimate Sandbag and the Rogue Sandbag. Our Exercise Database features exercises and techniques (over 15 videos). Finally, we cover one of our favorite workouts 📺 using the Brute Force Sandbag.
Reading Time: 6 minutes Practicing yoga is a deeply intimate, personal experience, which is why many people choose to start a home practice. This is where you get to be one with your body. It’s a place to move into the breath and release tension in the muscles that so easily gather throughout your days. To really let go, though, you need a little help from someone else; you need a yoga adjustment.
Reading Time: 10 minutes An in-depth review of the TRX Suspension Trainer + access to our full database on TRX Suspension Trainer exercises and techniques (over 30 videos). Full comparison against the Jungle Gym and CrossCore 180. Exercise videos demonstrating Conditioning, Balance, Core, Strength, and Corrective Exercises for the TRX Suspension Trainer.
Personalized Workout Plan
Designed for you, built by Sand & Steel. We build workout plans of all types for all level athletes. Strength, Weight Loss, Mobility, Flexibility, Yoga, etc. We build programs for people of all fitness levels, with injuries, for competitions, etc. No Monthly fees. One 30 Minute Phone Programming Consult is included with your purchase.
Reading Time: 8 minutes Aside: while doing some routine maintenance on our website, …
Reading Time: 7 minutes Powerlifting is a strength based program focused on the Bench, Squat and Deadlift. In a powerlifting program, the athlete is focused on gaining strength using the prime moves of Deadlift, Bench, and Squat. By adding in variations on the main lifts (Sumo Deadlift, Romanian, or Front Squat, Incline Bench etc) and adding accessory moves (Dumbell press, Pull ups, Tate Press etc), you quickly and consistently gain overall strength. This article discuss several powerlifting programs in detail as well as how to perform several of key powerlifting exercises.
Reading Time: 9 minutes Welcome to our post about body transformation! I am going to outline the 7 most important aspects to efficiently complete a weight loss transformation. You’ll find training tips, programming tips, nutrition tips, and a complete list of all the supplements and foods I recommend. – Paul Roberts | Strength, Weight Loss and Mobility Coach
Your Private Personal Training Program in Alexandria will be designed according to your goals and fitness level. We will customize your program to help you move better, lose weight, build strength, etc. We build our programs to improve your health first. Looking better is a byproduct a healthy, good-moving body. We work with a wide variety of clients from Women in the 70s, Active Military, and people that need to lose 100+ pounds. Weight loss programs, powerlifting, strength training for runners, we do it all.
Guest Blogging For Sand & Steel Fitness & Health …
Reading Time: 11 minutes Wondering if you can deduct personal training sessions a taxable deduction? What if you could actually have your insurance cover it? Step one is to use our Online Letter of Medical Necessity Generator. You’ll also find a sample PDF of Letter Medical Necessity to hand to your doctor.
Look Better, Feel Better, and Get in the Best …
Reading Time: 1 minute Reading on forums like bodybuilding.com, you’ll find a huge …
Reading Time: 7 minutes Paul talks about Obesity I lost my Father to …
Reading Time: 6 minutes
Strength Training for Triathletes Certifications
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Health Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Nutrition Certification
- TRX – Suspension Training Certification
- USAC – Certified Cycling Coach
- USATF – Certified Track Coach
- RRCA – Distance Run Coach
- Les Mills – Body Combat & CXWORX Certification
- Strong By Zumba Licensed Instructor
Reading Time: 8 minutes
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training • Alexandria VA
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT Blades Basic & Advanced: Gua Sha, Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- Y-Balance: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation