- This event has passed.
Seven Sweethearts WOD
February 12 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm EST
- First Place Finishers in Beginner, Intermediate, and Rx win a free two-hour powerlifting session and the coveted Seven Sweethearts Trophy Mug.
- Mug-holders Raffle.
- After the workout, celebrate with your friends with Potluck
- Complimentary hot chocolate with all the fixings.
Saturday, February 12, 2022, 11AM-1PM. The Seven Sweetheart WOD takes 7 Classic Girls Workouts and combines them into one memorable workout.
Bring Your Own Mug
Please BYOM, Bring Your Own Mug, for hot chocolate and all the fixings.
If you won a Sand & Steel trophy mug or you bought one, bring it. All members with a Trophy Mug from any event are eligible to win a $25 Apparel Raffle. Each mug is a chance to win.
Please bring some delicious for 6 people. We have a microwave to reheat food and a fridge to keep it cold. Please specify what you are bringing in the checkout notes.
The Seven Sweethearts WOD
Rx – Seven Sweethearts
- Light Karen 150 Wall balls 8/6
- 1/2 Grace 15 Squat Clean & Split Jerks 135/95
- 1 Round of Helen 400m Run, 21 KB Swings (53/44), 12 Pullups
- 2 Rounds of Nancy 400m & 15 Overhead Squats (95/65)
- 3 Rounds of Cindy 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 Air Squats
- 1/2 Isabel 15 Snatches 135/95
- Final Round of Heavy Fran 9 Thrusters 135 & Weighted Pullups (20/14)
Intermediate – Seven Sweethearts
- Light Karen 125 Wall balls 8/6
- 1/2 Grace 15 Squat Clean & Split Jerks 115/75
- 1 Round of Helen 400m Run, 21 KB Swings (44/35), 12 Pull-ups (Banded)
- 2 Rounds of Nancy 400m & 15 Overhead Squats (75/45)
- 3 Rounds of Cindy 5 pullups (Banded), 10 pushups (Hand Release), 15 Air Squats
- 1/2 Isabel 15 Snatches 115/75
- Final Round of Heavy Fran 9 Thrusters 115/85 & Thin Band Pullups
Beginner – Seven Sweethearts
- Light Karen 100 Wall balls 8/6
- 1/2 Grace 15 Squat Clean & Split Jerks 95/55
- 1 Round of Helen 400m Run, 21 KB Swings (35/22), 24 Jumping Pullups
- 2 Rounds of Nancy 400m & 15 Overhead Squats (65/35)
- 3 Rounds of Cindy 10 jumping pullups, 20 kneeling pushups (Hand Release), 30 TRX Squats
- 1/2 Isabel 15 Snatches 95/55
- Final Round of Heavy Fran 9 Thrusters 95/65 & Suppinated Inverted Row to Chest
The Seven Girls (Rx Weights Shown)
Leading up the Seven Sweethearts WOD, we’ll do each of the Seven Girl WODs, one a time so you can determine your scaling and work on your technique in class or in foundations.
Target is 25 minutes and 30 minutes cap.
Helen – Target 16 Minutes : Cap 20 Minutes (Feb 2)
Three rounds for time: 400-meter run, 21 kettlebell swings (53/35lb), 12 pull-ups.
Swing, Run, Pull. You’ll find the pullups are easy part of this breathtaking WOD.
Grace – Target 3 Minutes : Cap 6 Minutes (Feb 4)
For time: 30 clean-and-jerks (135/95lb).
30 Clean and Jerks is way harder than you expect it’ll be – it’s challenging at the Rx — it’s 6th gear from 3-2-1 Go. Power Clean & Push Jerk are recommended.
Cindy – Target 17 Rounds : Minimum 12 Rounds (Feb 5)
As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 20 minutes: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats.
Cindy takes 3 classic bodyweight exercises and combines them into a challenging WOD.
Nancy – Target 15 Minutes : Cap 20 Minutes (Feb 7)
For time: five rounds of 400-meter run and 15 overhead squats (95/65lb).
Nancy combines running with the OHS. 95 is a heavier weight for the OHS so this simple-looking WOD is plenty hard in the required volume. Work on your weaknesses.
Isabel – Target 8 Minutes : Cap 12 Minutes (Feb 8)
For time: 30 snatches (135/95lb).
Grace’s evil sister, Isabel is 30 snatches for time at #135. This one is tough.
Karen – Target 15 Minutes : Cap 20 Minutes (Feb 9)
For time: 150 wall ball shots (20/14lb).
Simple and effective for measuring conditioning, Karen is 150 Wall balls AFAP – we have a 25# medball if anyone thinks this one looks too easy.
Heavy Fran – Target 10 Minutes : Cap 14 Minutes (Feb 10)
15-12-9 Thrusters (135/95 lb) & Weighted Pull-Ups (45/30 lb)
Fran is challenging, this one is a beast. A sprint WOD at heavy-weight. Bite down and keep moving to get through it.
One Minute Headstart
Any member that successfully completes all 7 Practice WODs within two minutes of the target time in class gets a one-minute headstart for the actual workout. Work with your coach and make intelligent decisions on scaling.
✓ You Complete Isabel with 95 pounds in 17 minutes.
✓ You Complete Helen in 15 minutes, but you shorten the run to 200m because you haven’t been running.
✓ You Complete 13 Rounds of Cindy, but you scale the pullups to jumping pullups.
✘ You Complete Grace in 10 minutes, but you switch your weight halfway through because your ego bit off more than your engine can chew.
✘ You Complete Karen in 20 minutes, but you did at the Rx.
Your Goal on All Workouts Should be to Finish Within the Target Time
- CrossFit workouts are designed to take different amounts of time at a program level.
- Going too heavy or doing too many reps exposes you to an increased risk of injury without any benefit.
- Scale your workouts so you finish +/- 2 minutes from the target. Reduce reps, reduce load, switch to easier technical movements.
- Use the skill work time and Prove-It! rounds to determine what is a good scaling.
- Look at your past times on SugarWOD for these WODS — we have done them before.
- The maximum benefit for strength & conditioning is realized by working faster
- CrossFit Metcons are more about speed than they are about weight — that’s why we do heavy days — to build strength.
Seven Sweethearts Merch
3 people are attending Seven Sweethearts WOD