Celebrate Pride Month with Sand & Steel Personal Training. Save 30% with our LGBT Pride Training Pack . All members of the LBGT community are welcome to the sales. Having a gym and a personal trainer that accepts you for who you are is important to making improvements. This article highlights some of our gay and lesbian clients plus some of our coaches who are part of our LGBT community.
Pride Month Personal Training for the LGBT Community
LGBT Pride Training Sale Items
TRAIN IN A LGBT FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
At Sand and Steel Fitness we have trained thousands of people with different body compositions, injuries, and various occupations.
- Rounded shoulders and upper back – Pushing the shoulders and chest in a tight compromised position causing strain on the thoracic spine.
- Anterior Pelvic Tilt – Tight quadriceps, weak hamstrings, and lack of transverse abdominis strength places the pelvic bone in a forward tilt stressing the lower back.
- Pronation Distortion Syndrome – Feet muscles are unable to hold arch and collapse in causing knees to migrate inward and increase stress on knee joints such as the ACL and MCL
- Lateral Pelvic Shift – Range of motion in the joints on side of the body is reduced causing muscle imbalances on both sides of the body all the way from the ankles to the shoulders.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome – Shoulder is in an internally rotated position placing stress on the muscles surrounding the humerus and can lead to pinching of shoulder nerves.
Get Started During Pride Month
“I chose Sand & Steel because of their judgment free athmosphere. With Sand & Steel I got a completely custom program written and coached by the owners. I’ve lost over 50 pounds at Sand & Steel. Well worth the investment.
I’ve checked out all the personal training studios in Old Town Alexandria. I looked at Orange Theory, Crunch, Fitness Together, Planet Fitness, etc. At Crunch, I got the typical used car salesman approach. As for Fitness Together, I tried going there twice. They broke both appointment times… apparently there was supposed to be a manager, but he wasn’t available. Orange Theory felt like a complete marketing scam — high pressure sales. Overly bulilt sales trying to push his “theory” down my throat. What I saw was a lot of very overweight people working out under the glaring eyes of a perfect built body instructor. “Instagram coaches” that look nice, but don’t have the coaching experience I am looking for.”
“Sand & Steel is open to people of all sexual orientation. My wife and I, have been customers for years, and every single trainer has treated us with respect. If you are considering Sand & Steel versus a gym like LA Fitness, let me break it down for you. It’s basically comparing someone that has taken a weekend course about how to be a personal trainer versus working with a professional. I’ve watched many personal trainers at LA Fitness and they seem to apply a “one-size-fits-all” program to their clients. At Sand & Steel, you get a professionally scaled program, built for you.
I may be 40 years old, but thanks to Sand & Steel I am in the best shape of my life.”
“I go to Sand and Steel so my clothes look good, and so everything fits like it should. Since come to Sand & Steel, I started learning to look more myself versus comparing myself to others. Sand & Steel is all about individual improvement — it’s the opposite of a meat market.
You might not have enough strength to start weight lifting when you begin your transformation at Sand & Steel, but you will gain it through your workouts.
And for the lesbians, if you like lifting heavy, this is the gym to choose. Sand & Steel specializes in Power Lifting, Olympic Lifting, and Kettlebells.
Sand & Steel vs. Vida
No Pressure to impress anyone. It’s like belonging to a community vs visiting a meat locker. When I was in my 20s I used to be hit up Micky D’s, workout, and repeat. Now in my 40s, I appreciate the individual attention to nutrition coaching. In Vida, the emphasis is like, “Are those Nanos from 2017?” Sand & Steel is like, “Real lifters don’t even wear shoes.”
Biomedical Engineer, JHU
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- Rock Tape FMT Blades: Gua Sha and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- Y-Balance: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight
- CrossFit Level 1: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching
The Bottom Line is this… our clients come in all shapes and sizes. You are never too out-of-shape, too injured, or too late to start working out at Sand & Steel. Regardless of where you are starting from, you will find a community of support here. We will build a custom program to you help move better. And we’ll be with you every step of the way.