Picture and Videos Dimensions explained for all popular social media channels. Plus examples of each picture and explanations of how to write posts for personal trainers.
When it comes to social media, it’s important to format pictures and videos uniquely to each channel. Every social media channel prefers its own length of video and specific picture resolutions. We’ve created this article to help you quickly build the best social media posts.
Social Media for Personal Trainers
- Facebook: Please criticize my Burpees.
- Instagram: Check how buff I look doing Burpees
- Pinterest: Check out my infographic of 10 different burpee techniques.
- Youtube: Watch my video of me explaining how to burpees.
- Yelp: Please review my burpee coaching skills.
- Wordpress: Hey, this is my article on burpees.
- Google My Business: When you search Sand and Steel, check out our recent Burpee post.
- TikTok: Here is me doing burpees to music.
- Twitter: Whoa! did 50 #burpees @sandandsteelfit.
- Newsletter: a summary of important articles and social media posts on burpees.
- Linkedin: I’d like to connect with you so I can sell burpees coaching system.
- Vimeo: Please subscribe to my burpee videos channel for content that you could otherwise get for free on youtube.
- Reddit: I’d like to receive a massive amount of comments from unqualified internet viewers about how they hate doing burpees.
- Soundhound: I’d like you to listen to me talk about burpees for 10-20 minutes. I have a guest speaker who also loves burpees.
Common Social Media Image Dimensions
- Portrait: 1080 x 1920 (9:16)
- Square: 1080 x 1080 (1:1)
- Landscape: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- FB Ratio: 1200 x 628 (1.91:1)
Video Lengths for Social Media
- Instagram: 1 Minute Max (split longer videos into 1 minute segments)
- Facebook: 4 Hours
- Twitter: 45 Seconds Optimal
- Linked-in: 10 Minutes
- TikTok: 1 Minute
- Pinterest: 15 Minutes
- Youtube: 12 Hours
- Google My Business: 30 Seconds
- SmugMug: 20 Minutes
- Newsletter: Same as YouTube
- Website: Same as YouTube
Social Media Image Dimensions
Square Images and Video
- Image: 940 x 788
- Shared Link: FB Ratio
- Multi Images: Square
- Video: Square, Portrait, or Landscape
- Image: 1600 x 900
- Shared Link: 1200 x 628
- Shared Images (2): 700 x 800 pixels
- Shared Images (4): 1200 x 600 pixels
- Video: Square
- Image: 1000 x 1500 Optimal. 1200 x 1200 Square
- Video: Square or Portriat
- Image: Square 1200 x 1200
- Link: FB Ratio
- Video: Square
- Video Only: Strong Preference for Portrait.
- Video Only. Strong Preference for Landscape
Google My Business
- Post: 1024 x576 (4:3)
- Photos: Square
- Video: Square or landscape
- Images: Square
- Video: YouTube Link
- Post Featured Image: 1200 x 1200 (Square)
- Infographics in the post should be 1000 x 1500 and/or square.
- Page Featured Image 1200 x 900 (4:3)
- Videos: Youtube Link