Personal Trainer Job Alexandria VA
Looking to Rent Space? Get Started Here.
Coaching @ Sand & Steel
Sand & Steel Personal Trainers provide personalized attention, professional instruction, and exercise programming to each member to maximize the member’s health, fitness, and wellness goals while providing the highest level of customer service. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around helping others maximize their potential, where limitless opportunity is cultivated by the highest in industry standards across training, education, marketing, media and sales.
We currently have personal training opportunities at our location in Alexandria, VA near Washington, DC.
Personal Trainer Job Opportunity includes:
- Earning potential of $60K+
- Flexible hours (work as many hours as you like)
- Performance-based pay
- Pay-period, monthly and annual bonus opportunities
- In-house certification program and training
- Benefits such as medical and vacation days.*
Personal Trainer Job Description:
- Scale and customize workout to clients
- Provide the best client workout experience you can
- Take clear notes on how the work progresses
- Provide hospitality to all members.
Why We Are Different:
- We are team focused. All clients work with all coaches
- Sand & Steel is a learning environment, we will teach you to be a better coach
- We won’t have you train any clients until you are ready
- Learning never stops at Sand & Steel — we are always improving our craft.
Things We Don’t Do:
- You don’t have to find new clients (we will do this for you), but you do get bonuses if you do
- You don’t do any cold calling
- You don’t have to troll the floor looking for clients
- You don’t have to compete for clients
- Focus on helping clients move better and lose weight safely
- Desire to learn new techniques and skills to teach clients
- Understand principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique.
Personal Trainer Requirements
- A personal training or CrossFit certification; CPR/AED Certification
- Personal Training Insurance & Experience coaching at least 50 clients
- Ability to demonstrate powerlifting, Olympic lifting, and kettlebell technique.**
CrossFit ♦ TRX ♦ RKC ♦ Yoga ♦ Personal Training ♦ Conditioning ♦ Mobility ♦ Weight Loss ♦ Durability ♦ Rehabilitation
Areas We Service:Washington DC, Shirlington, Del Rey, Cameron Station, Alexandria, VA, Arlington, VA, Landmark, Georgetown, China Town, Dupont Circle, Eisenhower Ave., Thomas Circle, National Harbour. Personal Training Job Alexandria VA
View Recent Personal Trainer Articles on Programming and Workouts
Attorney at Law and Professional Personal Trainer
If you are like most personal trainers I know, you have probably asked yourself — How much do I really need to pay for personal training insurance to cover my liability?
Individual policies run between $79/year on the low end to $250/yr for comprehensive policies there are lots of options. Here are some of the options you should consider.
What is Functional Strength Training?
Functional Strength Training involves exercise techniques that mimic movements performed in everyday life, outdoor activities, or in a sport. This training technique involves the use of numerous tools to build the movement patterns such as: Kettle Bells, Viprs, TRX, Barbell, Dumbbell, Sandbags, Sleds, Ropes, Medicine Balls.
Build Your Personal Trainer Career
We are passionate about helping people lose weight and move better. We help clients improve strength through focused programs in power lifting and hypertrophy. We improve clients balance and range of motion with our mobility programming. And we have state of the art programming in weight loss and transformation style workouts.
What we need is you … Sand & Steel is helping more clients than ever, and we need more people on our team.
Glutes and Core Mobility WOD:
Brand new fascia release and strength WOD for our Zero2Fit Program. Zero2Fit is our Mobility and Weight Loss Program that is designed for people that haven’t worked out in a while who need to lose weight and build range of motion.
Tips For Working out in your Hotel
3 Amazing Hotel Workouts that you can do in any hotel gym. Great for strength and conditioning programs.
So your favorite fitness nerd has been reading up exercises to strengthen the core after delivering a baby. I’ve read through 4 of the hottest books (and maybe 10 articles), and I’ve boiled down the advice to these 3 exercises.
Included in the article is an informational video on how to perform these exercises, plus 4 common exercises to avoid.
Body Weight Exercise Program: Exercises You Can Do at Home
The Lunge, Pushup, and Warrior 3 Pose. Sand & Steel breaks down these movements and shows you how to do them right. Sample Workout Included with Videos
Summary of Beginner Workout & Warm-up
Building beginner level programming can be challenging. Here’s a sample exercise workout that we’ve used with great success with hundreds of clients.
Squat Warm-up Routine:
Warming up is essential to have a productive workout, and to limit injury risk. Their are many different styles of warm-ups, but today we are going to focus on a squat warm-up routine for mobility and flexibility. Before you get to the barbell or kettlebell it is important to get the body ready for action. You may not feel that you have any tight adductors or groin muscles, but they still could be holding back you squats. If you have the classic Butt Wink or limited squat depth then something is tight or not firing. Take the time to warm up and get your body set for squats. Squats a a great strength move and proper execution is key.
Is your workout routine really working for you? Are you conflating getting sweaty with getting results (e.g. an exercise routine vs training program)? Here are some tips to help you transition from simply working out, to building yourself a real workout program.