Peanuts vs Cashews
The Nut Showdown
Good stuff about Cashews
- copper 98% 1
- phosphorus 34%
- manganese 33%
- magnesium 29%
- zinc 21%
They also happen to a good amount of lesser-known phytonutrients, such as antioxidants, tyrosinase, melanin, elastin, proanthocyanidins, and oleic acid.
Bad Stuff about Cashews
- High Calorie Density 2
- Very high in Omega 6 which raises inflammation
Good Stuff about Peanuts
- High in mono-unsaturated fats, but so are cashews.
- Very inexpensive, whereas cashew are expensive.
Problems with Peanuts
- Contains Aflowtoxins which are toxic and carninogenic in some studies. 3
- Contains no Omega 3 (all Omega 6) raises inflammation 4
- Contains a lectin called Peanut Agglutinin which binds carbohydrates 5
Cashews win every time. In all the years that I have been coaching nutrition, I’ve never once recommended that a client eat peanuts over cashews.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!