Guest Blogging For Sand & Steel Fitness & Health
Sand & Steel’s Blog Covers Fitness, Mobility, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Yoga, and Corrective Exercises.
Guest Post Process
There are 6 steps to our guest post process. We get between 50-80 submissions a week for guest posts. If you do not follow the below process, your post won’t be approved. If you are interested in advertising, please use the form below to make your inquiry.
- Contact us.
- Call us: We prefer to receive a call, because then we know you are a real person. If you have to email, please include “READ GUEST POST STANDARDS” in your text body so we know you read this page. Although all the requirements for posting appear on this page, some people have trouble understanding them.
- Topics: If you want to see what kind of topics we approve, just check our blog. Please make your own intelligent determination in selecting an article based on the kinds of articles you already see on our blog.
- Request to Approve an Outline: We cannot guarantee publication of articles based on an outline.
- Write a Review of our blog. Please post a review on YP.com. We are trying to build a profile on YP, and we really need some 5 star reviews. Just talk about the quality of the information on our website. Talk about the videos we post, etc. Really anything you like. We also use this feature to make sure you are a real person.
- Pricing Information
- Fees. We often charge an editing/publication fee for blog articles, because as you know, guest post submissions always clear a good bit of clean up to worthy publishing on the blog. The actual fee for that depends on how good the draft is. For people that already own a good website, we often waive the fee for a guest post exchange.
- Free Guest Post: If you don’t have access to a strong website, we occassionally will waive the editing and publication fees for a particularly well written post.
- Examples. Here is a post on fitness trackers that met the requirements for a free post (and we actually did waive the fees on that post).
- Can I advertise for a product or service? You can, but we charge a monthly cost for that. It’s $50/month plus the cost to bring your post up to our minimum advertisement standards. What’s the difference between an advertisement and a guest post? These are advertisements (Styku & Yoga Workshop). This is a guest post (Healthy Fats and Yoga Adjustments). If you aren’t sure, just submit the post and we’ll tell you.
- Please link to our website from your website. We actively monitor all incoming and outgoing links. One of the elements of pricing we consider is the value of the link you can provide to us. We’ll see the link (automatically), but feel free to let us know you completed this step when you contact us.
- How do I Submit a Post for Review?
- Use the Form above, and double check that your post meets our Guest Post Standards.
Health Write For Us Standards
Image Guidelines for Guest Posts
- Acceptable Resolutions: 1200 x 628 (at least one image in this size). Additional images may be 1200 x 600; 800 x 800. Online Cropping Tool.
- If you are using an image gallery all images need to be in the same resolution.
- Original images only that you took or made yourself (no stock photography permitted.)
- All articles must have at least one image.
Content Requirements for Guest Blogging
- At least a thousand words covering a properly scoped project.
- Your article must contain a power item (video, podcast, infographic, spreadsheet, etc.) Something valuable enough that it would want to a personal trainer share it on facebook, etc.
- Spellcheck and grammar check your document.
- Specify the Longtail Keyword and use a program like Yoast or SeoReviewTools to optimize the page.
- All content must be original, and may only appear on Sand & Steel’s site.
Copyright for Guest Posts
Sand & Steel will own the complete copyright in your content (writing and media.) You grant a perpetual, nonrevokable license to Sand & Steel to share, edit, revise, distribute any of the articles you submit. All work you submit must be original content and media.
Paul’s Favorite Drink
“Freshly ground coffee with 2 TBL of Organic Milk and 1 TBL of unsweetened chocolate.”
Sample Guest Blog Outline
Guest Post Benefits
- New Blog Posts are Shared to Our Newsletter
- New Posts will be Featured on our Blog Homepage
- 1 Second Loadtime w/ Mobile First Architecture