Paul breaks down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, and will be slower in CrossFit. Here’s how to improve your mobility…
This article compares running surfaces (such as trail running, sand, street/road running, astroturf, grass, etc.) and examines the types of proper footwear to improve running performance. This article also discusses some of important musculature of the foot, and examines the kinds of injuries you can get from trail running and street running.
I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
Personal Training for Seniors and Older Adults Program. Everyday we work hard for the seniors in Alexandria VA to help them move better and live their life without limitations. Whether your goals are combating arthritis through joint distraction to preventing bone loss through functional strength training, we are going to build an age-appropriate program for you. We help clients improve aerobic capacity, increase engagement with neuromuscular activation, and build strength through compound movement patterns.
This articles highlights some of our older adult clients and includes their comments on what they had to say about their custom, one-on-one personal training programs.
Certifications and Credentials
- Muscle Activation Techniques: Corrective Exercise and Therapy
- National Council on Strength and Fitness: Certified Personal Trainer
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Flexibility: Range of Motion and Flexibility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods and RockFloss: Myofascial Cupping and Compression Band Flossing
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist: Human Movement Optimization. Mobility Development, Articular Strength, and Neurological Control
Question: Rebecca writes: I have been suffering with Muffin … Read more