Twelve healthy zero calorie drinks + 15 drinks you should avoid for weight loss. If you’ve been following Sand & Steel’s nutrition channel, you know that water is important for weight loss. But sometimes water gets a little boring. Here are 12 healthy zero calorie drinks to get your healthy and hydrated.
What are Some Healthy Zero Calorie Drinks?
There are many zero calorie drinks that are healthy alternatives to water.
- Green Tea
- Herbal Tea
- Oolong Tea
- Sparkling Water (Paul’s Personal Favorite)
- Cucumber water (Second Favorite — cucumber magic)
- Strawberry Water
- Almond Milk
- Flax Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Lemon or Lime Water
- Iced Tea
- Pure Vegetable Juice
What are some Beverages that are not Good for Weight Loss?
- Hard Alcohol
- Fruit Juices
- Sweetened Vegetable Juice
- Smoothies Made with Fruit
- Soy Milk
- Rice Milk
- Sweetened Tea
- Sweetened Lemonade
- Diet Soda
- Creamers like International Delight, Coffeemate
- Sweetened Water or Fruit Water Drinks
Beverages that are OK depending on the Time or Use
- Energy Drinks. If you take one before your workout, and the stimulants provide you with the ability to move substantially more volume than you could without it, a case could be made that the glycemic impact is balanced out by improved performance. All things being equal, go for the energy drinks having fewer sweeteners.
- Protein Shakes. The recovery benefits of drinking a protein shake after a workout outweigh the negative aspects of If you take one before your workout, and the stimulants provide you with the ability to move substantially more volume than you could without it, a case could be made that the glycemic impact is balanced out by improved performance. All things being equal, go for the protein drinks having fewer sweeteners.
- Coffee. Black coffee contains antioxidants. Most nutritionists believe two cups a day is generally safe. At higher levels, coffee can cause dehydration and raise cortisol levels.
- Kombucha Health Benefits include gut health through probiotics and cancer prevention through antioxidants. However it also contains sugar, so timing-wise it best consumed immediately before or after your workout.