Meet Coach Robin
Retired Military (US Army). I became a Master Fitness Trainer while serving in the military and followed suit with a personal training certification through American Council on Exercise (ACE). Having experienced military fitness training I realized the training was good. However, it only provided the necessary tools to pass the fitness tests and sustain the forces. There was not much information provided to help people with overall fitness and nutrition sustainment. Over 17 years experience between military and civilian fitness training. I truly believe people want to live healthier lives but do not know how to get started or lack a good support system to help them maintain it.
Approach to Training
My approach to fitness and health is one of a partnership with clients. I focus on cardio, strength training, core strength, flexibility, functional fitness, corrective exercise and nutrition as well as positive thinking and attitude. There are no quick fixes, only hard work, determination, and consistency. Fitness and healthy living is a lifestyle. I am a results oriented trainer and believe in the SMART principle when it comes to fitness and goal setting. “Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely.” I like all things fitness and enjoy working with clients of all levels. I have trained student athletes to Senior Fitness clients. It would be my pleasure to work with you.
Strength Training for Triathletes Certifications
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Health Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Nutrition Certification
- TRX – Suspension Training Certification
- USAC – Certified Cycling Coach
- USATF – Certified Track Coach
- RRCA – Distance Run Coach
- Les Mills – Body Combat & CXWORX Certification
- Strong By Zumba Licensed Instructor
My Most Recent Races
- Lifetime Sprint Triathlon
- Richmond Sprint Triathlon
- Baltimore Running Festival Marathon (Have completed all races in the series (5K, Relay, Half Marathon, Full Marathon
- Reston Half Century Cycling Race
- 2 Time Ragnar Washington DC Finisher
Achievements:Nationally Qualified Figure (BodyBuilding) Competitor with the National Physique Committee. 2 first place and 1 second place at the 2017 Maryland State Championships and East Coast Classic Championships. 4th place (Top 5) at the 2017 NPC Teen Collegiate and Master’s National Championships. 8th Place (Top 10) at 2018 NPC Teen Collegiate and Master’s National Champhionships
Completed over 60 road races. 5k’s to full marathons. 2 Sprint Triathlons. Numerous cycling events.
Shaunna’s Strength Training Program for Triathletes
Crystal’s Strength Training Program for Triathletes
Both ladies completed their FIRST Ironman 70.3 races and are currently training for their second race. They just completed the Devilman Olympic Triathlon. Crystal podiumed 1st in her Age Group. Shaunna was 2nd in hers.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!