Over 25 videos on barbell exercises including power lifting, Olympic lifting, CrossFit, and Bodybuilding
Powerlifting is a strength based program focused on the Bench, Squat and Deadlift. In a powerlifting program, the athlete is focused on gaining strength using the prime moves of Deadlift, Bench, and Squat. By adding in variations on the main lifts (Sumo Deadlift, Romanian, or Front Squat, Incline Bench etc) and adding accessory moves (Dumbell press, Pull ups, Tate Press etc), you quickly and consistently gain overall strength. This article discuss several powerlifting programs in detail as well as how to perform several of key powerlifting exercises.
Is your workout routine really working for you? Are you conflating getting sweaty with getting results (e.g. an exercise routine vs training program)? Here are some tips to help you transition from simply working out, to building yourself a real workout program.
There are 8 basic strength movements: the Squat, Lunge, Hinge, Push, Pull, Arc/Hollow, Twist/Resist Twist, and Gait. We’ll cover these techniques and discuss the proper form to do them safely. We’ll also discuss various techniques to test muscle function by selecting members from the audience, and demonstrating how to test for proper neural control of muscles, and how to utilize strength training to restore and improve muscle function.
Strength Training for Triathletes Certifications
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Health Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Nutrition Certification
- TRX – Suspension Training Certification
- USAC – Certified Cycling Coach
- USATF – Certified Track Coach
- RRCA – Distance Run Coach
- Les Mills – Body Combat & CXWORX Certification
- Strong By Zumba Licensed Instructor