Powerlifting is a strength based program focused on the Bench, Squat and Deadlift. In a powerlifting program, the athlete is focused on gaining strength using the prime moves of Deadlift, Bench, and Squat. By adding in variations on the main lifts (Sumo Deadlift, Romanian, or Front Squat, Incline Bench etc) and adding accessory moves (Dumbell press, Pull ups, Tate Press etc), you quickly and consistently gain overall strength. This article discuss several powerlifting programs in detail as well as how to perform several of key powerlifting exercises.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Certified Health Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Strength & Conditioning Coach
- TRX – Suspension Training Certification
- USAC – Certified Cycling Coach
- USATF – Certified Track Coach
- RRCA – Distance Run Coach