Sternocleidomastoid Exercises & Stretches
Testing for Trigger Points:
Sensitivity can be tested by pincer grip with lift.
- Sternal branch: behind the eye socket, above the eyes, cheeks, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Clavicular: forehead, behind the ear, molar teeth.
Common Functional Symptoms:
- Headaches such as tension headaches and migranes are common.
Two Heads and two functions:
- Sternal function: Responsible for rotating the head left and right. Contract and release technique is effective
- Clavicular function: Tilt and twist down (small movement) – almost a diagonal movement. Stretch is rotate in the opposite direction and raise. Partner version can be done as well.
Sand & Steel Newsletter
Workout Programs, Meal Plans, and Mobility Drills
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.