The key to doing well on the interview is preparation. This article highlights how your interviews will go and how to prepare for them so that you get hired.
- Review: the movements and techniques tested on the interview;
- Review the Articles on the right sidebar;
- Read through the Mentorship Personal Trainer Manual;
- Wear professional personal training attire and shoes designed for weight-lifting,
- A cup of coffee for your hard-working instructor (yes I award bonus points for this.) Plus it lets me know you actually read this material.
Step 1 – Fill out your application.
Step 2 – Subscribe to our Personal Trainer Newsletter
When you sign-up you automatically receive useful information about working for Sand & Steel.
Step 3 – In Person Interview
There are six main parts to your first interview:
- We will explain how we train clients as a team at Sand & Steel.
- We will go over how our mentorship program works.
- We will discuss how the Level 1 Certification may be obtained.
- We will discuss your background and training experience.
- You will take our Programming and Scaling Written Exam. We will score your exam and go over the results.
- We will go over your New Hire Personal Trainer Contract
- We will schedule your second interview.
Step 4 – Offer and Skills Test
After we complete your Skills Test, we will fill out your contract and make you an offer on the spot. We only will provide you with 24 hours to accept the contract, so be prepared to make a decision and pay the mentorship deposit. In addition, you’ll need to determine which hours you’d like to work at Sand & Steel.
|Personal Training Schedule|
(e.g. when you want to work)
|Date||Time Window Available||Total Hours|
The Skills Test will test your knowledge of various Advanced Techniques and Exercises. We will also test your ability to replicate new exercises, create new exercises with new equipment, mobilize various muscle groups, and isolate individual muscles for correction exercises. The skills test helps determine which exercises and techniques you know better. This allows us to customize the mentorship program to you.
Low Bar Back Squat
Hi Bar Back Squat
One Leg Deadlift
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Push Jerk Power Jerk
Sumo Deadlift High Pull
Step Back Lunge
Kamagon Sweeping Plyometric Lunge
Vipr Uppercut Lunge
Squat to Row
Alternating Hamstring Curl
Hip Press Atomic Pushup
Elbows to Plank
Side Plank with Crunch
Side Plank Twist Up
Clean and Press
Shoulder to Shoulder Press
- Isometric Core Twist
- Knee Sweep
- Leg Pendulum
- Side Plank
- Windshield Wipers
- Standing T-Spine Rotation,
- T-Spine Extension,
- Side T-Spine Tilt