I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 115 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training.
I am assuming you are already convinced on the importance of exercise. And if you scroll down a bit, I will break down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, you are slower in CrossFit than you ought to be, and as a power lifter your recovery times are slower.
How to Improve Mobility and Flexibility through Partner Stretching, PNF Stretching, M|WOD, and Yoga
Mobility helps improve range of motion of tight joints and muscles, and it helps stabilize and strength areas that have too much range. This article demonstrates provides two example exercise routines for people needing additional range of motion in the hips, ankles, and thorasic spine. Plus you’ll find numerous linked articles at the bottom covering all topics associated with stretching, stabilization, yoga, and mobility.
Mobility, Corrective Exercises, and Range of Motion
How do we improve mobility?
- For range of motion we use flossing, joint distraction, and gapping.
- For Stability and Muscle Control: we use balance stabilizing tools, yoga, exercise tubing, and Cook bands.
- Fascial Release: we use the battle star, nova balls, lacrosse balls, and trigger point.
- Muscle activation and corrective exercises: we use isometric exercises and exercise bands to improve the mind muscle connection.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Stretching: to retrain the brain’s connection with muscle to improve the brain’s confidence and control over muscles with allows for improvement of flexibility.
- Partner Stretching: through using a coach to help stabilize and direct stretches, the athlete is able to improve the function the stretch and really mobilize the intended muscle and joint group.