Do you want to be healthier and get in shape? Coach Paul discusses the ten main reasons you should hire a personal trainer, plus we outline the 10 key attributes that all successful personal trainers have in common.
A recent job applicant applied for a coaching position and raised some concerns about how he can be financially successful at Sand & Steel. After all, we have really great coaches, and he wanted to make sure he would get enough clients to support his family. A justifiable concern to be sure. In particular, he asked:“Paul if I start @ Sand & Steel. Will you automatically assign clients to me? I want to leave Anywhere Fitness because I don’t like having to compete with other coaches.”
I told him that we don’t assign clients to new coaches. You have to earn them, and here how…
At Sand & Steel, our clients come first. As a business, when you prioritize client results and client satisfaction you succeed. Hence, we believe that the client should have the option to book with whichever coach he or she feels can best support their goals. We have found that 95% of the time, clients do best when they book with multiple coaches because they learn how to master skills from multiple coaches. Moreover, when coaches work together to support the client, the client benefits. A client that gets great results, tells his or her friends, writes us great reviews, and makes referrals. Everyone wins.
We also believe in aat Sand & Steel. The coach or coaches that are doing the best job, should get the most clients and earn the most money.
10 Tips to Succeeding as a Personal Trainer
For the future members who might be reading this post, and wonder what makes Sand and Steel Fitness so great. Here are the Top 10 criteria we instill in our coaches to consistently provide our high-end personal training service.
- Always go the extra mile for the client.
- Work as a team and keep everyone informed about member issues.
- Prepare for member’s sessions by reviewing the workout and the member file.
- Spend time learning and improving your craft. Sand & Steel Personal Trainers need to be constantly improving their own knowledge base so that they better assist our members.
- Find ways to provide a better client experience. If you see a place for the gym to improve, help us do so.
- Pay it forward and teach members on social media and through articles on how workout safer.
- Work as a team. There are no-one-man shows at Sand and Steel. We are stronger because we work as a team for the betterment of our members.
- Take new certifications to improve your craft. Paul has 30 certifications and he registered for 5 more this year alone. Keep working to improve your craft.
- Learn COVID-19 safety procedures and practices. Safety is key.
- Communication is king — be responsive to all emails and notifications.
10 Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer
There are many reasons that hiring a Personal Trainer could be beneficial both for short term and long term periods. A personal trainer can do anything from teaching proper movement patterns to motivation. We break down the top 10 reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer
- Motivation– We are here to support you and keep you going- even through those challenging movements. When we say we believe in you- we mean it.
- Consistency – Do you sometimes keep starting and then stopping a new program before you see results? A personal trainer is there to help you stick with it. To help you stick to the program and see the results you desire.
- Injury Prevention– Worried about safety? A professional Personal Trainer will have your back (literally) to ensure you are in a safe environment and that the movements are done with the correct form. Each person is different and has different needs- we need to ensure the movements are safe for YOU. Are you hypermobile? Then we keep an eye on correction muscle engagement. Do you have limited ankle range of motion? Well then we work to adjust squats so your back doesn’t take the force of the squat.
- Supervision/ Eyes on you– A trainer is there for you and only you. They aren’t managing 29 other bodies- their sole focus is you and your success. They are ensuring your form is correct as well as that you are getting the results you desire.
- Accountability– Book a 6am appointment? Knowing someone is waiting for you will make you resist that snooze button. You will find that when you know someone is making time for you, will help ensure you come into the gym.
- Individualized Plan– Each of us is a unique person and different goals and needs. Why would you have a generic program? We work with you to find the right program that will get you where you want to go. Focus on yourself and see how far you can go.
- Workout out through Injury– If you can get to the gym then we can work with you. Just because you are working through an injury doesn’t mean your health has to take a nosedive. We can work around your injury, and often keeping moving can help with your recovery.
- We are Teachers -We want to share our knowledge with you. The more you know about your body, the better you can perform.
- Avoid Plateaus– Do you sometimes get in a routine and notice you’ve stopped improving and cannot see why? As an outside eye and brain, we can find those adjustments needs in your program to keep you progressing towards your goals. The body is smart and learns to adapt, but luckily we have the tricks to keep you going.
- Fun- While some of you may never understand why we find burpees fun, but there is no reason your workout should be a drag. Let us build a program designed to challenge you and have fun while on the way to your goals. We are here to talk to you and push you through your workouts and keep you moving!
What are you waiting for? Get started today on your journey!