Our New Question and Answer Facebook Group is now open. Get your fitness, nutrition, yoga, mobility, weightloss, strength programming, and personal training questions answered! Already a personal traininer or nutrition coach? Help us answer answer user questions and get your name out to people that need your help.
I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
Mobility = POWER! If your body isn’t capable of getting in the right angles and positions, it will obstruct the natural trajectory of the barbell, which is STRAIGHT UP! In this article we will go through a set of stretching exercises that will improve your weightlifting. This set of stretching excercises is a “Swiss Army Knife” that every lifter should always have with them.
The Sand & Steel Newsletter is written by Personal Trainers for Personal Trainers. Our articles feature in-depth curated content on Mobility, Nutrition, and Strength. Our Mission is simple: provide the best written, research based articles on personal training and fitness available. Newsletter subscriptions are open to current clients, personal trainers, and those aspiring to improve their health and fitness.
Paul breaks down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, and will be slower in CrossFit. Here’s how to improve your mobility…
Mobility helps improve range of motion of tight joints and muscles, and it helps stabilize and strength areas that have too much range. This article demonstrates provides two example exercise routines for people needing additional range of motion in the hips, ankles, and thorasic spine. Plus you’ll find numerous linked articles at the bottom covering all topics associated with stretching, stabilization, yoga, and mobility.
Our Mobility Sessions are designed to help you move better. We test your movement, and determine what is not moving well. We analyze how you compensate when you lift, turn, or step. We figure out what causes your pain, decreases your performance, or limits your range of motion. And we fix it with tools and techniques like corrective exercise Mobility WOD, Scraping (Graston), Kinetic Taping, FMS, and More.
Mobility Training is about learning to move better. Why do you need Mobility Training? It’s because improvement begins and ends with good, quality movement.
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training • Alexandria VA
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation
Nutrition Alexandria VA – 10 Rules that All Diets Follow. We surveyed the top 100 selling diets and compiled the top 10 rules that all diets follow. Featuring a slide deck, infographics, 10 videos, and over 2000 words, this comprehensive article will help jump start your weight loss or muscle gain journey.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). A beginner’s guide …
Thanks for Subscribing! You will receive your first newsletter …
Personal Trainer Starter Pack
The Starter Pack is the best package to buy when you starting out at Sand & Steel. In the Starter Pack, we’ll design and implement a training plan based on your specific goals. The Starter Pack includes a consult, assessment, nutrition, personal training, yoga, and more. The Starter Pack is appropriate for all athletes: beginners, varsity athletes, active military, seniors, and older adults. 30 or 40 something and completely out of shape? Perfect … this is the package you need.
Thank you for filling out the form. We know …
A Curated List of Effective Workouts, Weight Loss Tips, and Lifehacks to help you Get Healthy and Stay Healthy. The Get Healthy Stay Healthy Guide covers every personal training, yoga, nutrition, lifestyle, and health topic for all people. It contains every secret, life-hack, and shortcut. After two hours of Googling, you finally found it. The Roadmap, Landmark Guide to Get Healthy Stay Healthy.
Looking to improvement performance? Want to learn which exercises can help you movement better? Don’t treat the pain, find the source with FMS and YBT. Functional Movement Screen and Y Balance Tests are our state-of-art Movement Screening Systems. They are like a X-Ray into all your muscle weaknesses. If there is in imbalance – we’ll find it and show you how to fix it.
Our Personal Training Studio provides individualized one-one-one sessions in Personal …
One of the greatest values I can provide you as a mentor is the ability to see ahead what you cannot. To help prepare you for the challenges that lay ahead. To set you on the right course so that you may improve. To be a source of support when you make mistakes. And to be Relentless in demanding that you improve.
I enjoy teaching and practicing: Bikram Yoga, Rocket Yoga, Astanga Yoga, and Hatha Yoga. These are some of the latest asanas and poses I have been practicing. Through yoga, I have vastly improved my strength, lost weight, and drastically improved my flexibility. I especially love teaching inversions, arm balances, and handstands.