Paul breaks down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, and will be slower in CrossFit. Here’s how to improve your mobility…
Our Mobility Sessions are designed to help you move better. We test your movement, and determine what is not moving well. We analyze how you compensate when you lift, turn, or step. We figure out what causes your pain, decreases your performance, or limits your range of motion. And we fix it with tools and techniques like corrective exercise Mobility WOD, Scraping (Graston), Kinetic Taping, FMS, and More.
Mobility TuneUp is about learning to move better. Why do you need Mobility TuneUp? It’s because improvement begins and ends with good, quality movement.
I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training Certifications
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- Functional Aging Specialist (FAI): Specialty Training For Older Adults and Seniors
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- TRX Group Training Certification: Specialization in teaching TRX Suspension Training in Group Classes
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching, Meal Planning, and Diet
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation: Basic First Aid and CPR
Mobility helps improve range of motion of tight joints and muscles, and it helps stabilize and strength areas that have too much range. This article demonstrates provides two example exercise routines for people needing additional range of motion in the hips, ankles, and thorasic spine. Plus you’ll find numerous linked articles at the bottom covering all topics associated with stretching, stabilization, yoga, and mobility.
Looking to improvement performance? Want to learn which exercises can help you movement better? Don’t treat the pain, find the source with FMS and YBT. Functional Movement Screen and Y Balance Tests are our state-of-art Movement Screening Systems. They are like a X-Ray into all your muscle weaknesses. If there is in imbalance – we’ll find it and show you how to fix it.