Our Mobility TuneUp class helps you move better. We stretch to help your passive flexibility, and strengthen your end range of motion & control. Injuries frequently occur when you have passive mobility to get into a position, but not the strength & control to support that position. Improve your balance and resistance to injury through our Mobility TuneUp strength training system
I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
Mobility = POWER! If your body isn’t capable of getting in the right angles and positions, it will obstruct the natural trajectory of the barbell, which is STRAIGHT UP! In this article we will go through a set of stretching exercises that will improve your weightlifting. This set of stretching excercises is a “Swiss Army Knife” that every lifter should always have with them.
The Sand & Steel Newsletter is written by Personal Trainers for Personal Trainers. Our articles feature in-depth curated content on Mobility, Nutrition, and Strength. Our Mission is simple: provide the best written, research based articles on personal training and fitness available. Newsletter subscriptions are open to current clients, personal trainers, and those aspiring to improve their health and fitness.
Paul breaks down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, and will be slower in CrossFit. Here’s how to improve your mobility…
Mobility helps improve range of motion of tight joints and muscles, and it helps stabilize and strength areas that have too much range. This article demonstrates provides two example exercise routines for people needing additional range of motion in the hips, ankles, and thorasic spine. Plus you’ll find numerous linked articles at the bottom covering all topics associated with stretching, stabilization, yoga, and mobility.
Our Mobility Sessions are designed to help you move better. We test your movement, and determine what is not moving well. We analyze how you compensate when you lift, turn, or step. We figure out what causes your pain, decreases your performance, or limits your range of motion. And we fix it with tools and techniques like corrective exercise Mobility WOD, Scraping (Graston), Kinetic Taping, FMS, and More.
Mobility Training is about learning to move better. Why do you need Mobility Training? It’s because improvement begins and ends with good, quality movement.
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training • Alexandria VA
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation
Below you will find our daily programming for our …
CrossFit Front Squats. What they are, why you need them, and how to master them. The Front Squat is a weight lifting gem from Olympic lifting and embraced in CrossFit. It combines convenience, efficiency, and functionality. It’s one of Paul’s 10 essential exercises. Here’s everything you need to know about the Front Squat.
Sand & Steel Fitness Personal Training, CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility …
This post is designed for two types of readers. Strength athletes — men and women that want to do yoga to gain range of motion and flexibility. It’s a wake-up call to all those bendy, skinny yoga teachers who struggle working with strength athletes. For my fellow yoga teachers, I’ll warn you that some of comments in this post will be a shock to you. I know you don’t have many people like me in your classes, and you should be wondering why. This post is all about the #blindprejudice some yoga teachers have against strength athletes and powerlifters.
Our Yoga Alignment 88 Class focuses on teaching and mastering the 88 base poses of yoga. Each base pose has 10-20 variations. We systematically find the best variation for you during the yoga classes. We start with the base pose, and we scale up or down so that you have a perfectly scaled pose to your unique body.
Nutrition Alexandria VA – 10 Rules that All Diets Follow. We surveyed the top 100 selling diets and compiled the top 10 rules that all diets follow. Featuring a slide deck, infographics, 10 videos, and over 2000 words, this comprehensive article will help jump start your weight loss or muscle gain journey.
Thanks for Subscribing! You will receive your first newsletter …