I’ve been reading books on Yoga, CrossFit, and Movement for 10 years. Here is my review of the top 200 books on books on CrossFit, Mobility, Yoga, Physical Therapy, Mobility and Personal Training. Study your craft. Treat personal training as a profession, and your clients will treat you like a professional. There is always more to learn.
Mobility = POWER! If your body isn’t capable of getting in the right angles and positions, it will obstruct the natural trajectory of the barbell, which is STRAIGHT UP! In this article we will go through a set of stretching exercises that will improve your weightlifting. This set of stretching excercises is a “Swiss Army Knife” that every lifter should always have with them.
The Sand & Steel Newsletter is written by Personal Trainers for Personal Trainers. Our articles feature in-depth curated content on Mobility, Nutrition, and Strength. Our Mission is simple: provide the best written, research based articles on personal training and fitness available. Newsletter subscriptions are open to current clients, personal trainers, and those aspiring to improve their health and fitness.
Paul breaks down the differences between mobility, flexibility, yoga, and stretching in careful detail. Without sufficient mobility you cannot be all that you wish to be. This applies whether your chosen craft is golf, strength training, CrossFit, or endurance running. You are not as efficient as a runner, you are more likely to get injured as a golfer, and will be slower in CrossFit. Here’s how to improve your mobility…
Mobility helps improve range of motion of tight joints and muscles, and it helps stabilize and strength areas that have too much range. This article demonstrates provides two example exercise routines for people needing additional range of motion in the hips, ankles, and thorasic spine. Plus you’ll find numerous linked articles at the bottom covering all topics associated with stretching, stabilization, yoga, and mobility.
Our Mobility Sessions are designed to help you move better. We test your movement, and determine what is not moving well. We analyze how you compensate when you lift, turn, or step. We figure out what causes your pain, decreases your performance, or limits your range of motion. And we fix it with tools and techniques like corrective exercise Mobility WOD, Scraping (Graston), Kinetic Taping, FMS, and More.
Mobility TuneUp is about learning to move better. Why do you need Mobility TuneUp? It’s because improvement begins and ends with good, quality movement.
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training Certifications
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- TRX Group Training Certification: Specialization in teaching TRX Suspension Training in Group Classes
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching, Meal Planning, and Diet
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation: Basic First Aid and CPR
In this agreement, “I / you” refers to the …
Join Coach Max as he reviews the top six videos frozen shoulder exercises and stretches that can be performed at home. Plus get a sneak peak as we take you through our strategy of tracking down shoulder pain to see if frozen shoulder exercises will help. Finally, you can join Coach Paul as he provides you a live video on his favorite ten cable machine exercises for strengthening the shoulder.
Personal Training and Group Class Discounts The Starter Pack …
Get Started with Our Award Winning Starter Packs New …
The Personal Trainer 2 Pack gives you 2 sessions of your choice: Personal Training, Boxing, Yoga, Nutrition, Mobility, etc. Your personal training program in Alexandria VA | Springfield VA will be designed according to your goals and fitness level. We will customize your program to help you move better, lose weight, build strength, etc. We build our programs to improve your health first. Looking better is a byproduct a healthy, good-moving body. We work seniors & older adults, Retired Military, and people that need to lose 100+ pounds. We specialize in helping people with mobility restrictions and previous injuries. Weight loss programs, powerlifting, strength training for runners, we do it all.
New Member Package including 4 Group Classes in Alexandria VA | Springfield VA location. Book any group class including: CrossFit, CoreFit with TRX, Yoga Flow, Yoga Alignment, Powerlifting, Beyond Stretch, Olympic Lifting, and SeniorFit. Not sure which of our fitness classes is best for your goals? Just call or email us and we’ll help you decide. We design our fitness classes so that they are safe for new members. Special attention is paid to fundamentals and quality of movement.
The Personal Trainer 5 Pack includes 5 private sessions of your choice: Personal Training, Boxing, Yoga, Nutrition, Mobility, etc. Your personal training program in Alexandria VA | Springfield VA will be designed according to your goals and fitness level. We will customize your program to help you move better, lose weight, build strength, etc. We build our programs to improve your health first. Looking better is a byproduct a healthy, good-moving body. We work seniors & older adults, Retired Military, and people that need to lose 100+ pounds. We specialize in helping people with mobility restrictions and previous injuries. Weight loss programs, powerlifting, strength training for runners, we do it all.
Private CrossFit Coaching vs Group Class CrossFit in our Alexandria VA Box. CrossFit classes are super fun and you get to compete with your peers to help you stay motivated. But have you ever tried a Private CrossFit session? Picture it, a custom scaled and coached CrossFit WOD — handcrafted to your goals and unique mobility. Here’s how we build those WODs (workouts out of the day) and how our Private CrossFit Coaching works.
CrossFit for Beginners. The nine fundamental exercises for learning CrossFit. Videos, cues, scaling options, and full technical description. The 9 Fundamental Movements are key exercises that CrossFit teaches and reinforces in it’s level I and level II training courses. To CrossFitters, these are your bread-butter exercises. Here’s how to do these 9 exercises, why you should do them, beginner scaling options, and Paul’s top cues so you can perform them correctly.
The article also explains why one of these exercises probably should be replaced, and which exercise is the most underappreciated. Finally, Paul finishes with a list of the Top 16 CrossFit that aren’t in the Nine Fundamental Exercises. Giving you a total of 25 CrossFit Exercises to learn and master.
Home Workout Plans Monthly. Hand-built for you with your equipment and your schedule. Includes our app to track progress and get daily feedback. You’ll get workout analytics, two-way coaching, videos, custom workouts. Includes one face-to-face, telephone, or Facetime programming consultation per month.
Train to move better. Stretch to improve passive flexibility. Strengthen your end range of motion and control. Injuries frequently occur when you have passive mobility to get into a position, but not the strength and control to support that position. Beyond Stretch improve your balance and resistance to injury by targeting the muscles that your everyday activities cannot.
This is CoreFit https://youtu.be/ZlY8pI62p6w Featured Workout: CoreFit WOD 28 …
CrossFit Front Squats. What they are, why you need them, and how to master them. The Front Squat is a weight lifting gem from Olympic lifting and embraced in CrossFit. It combines convenience, efficiency, and functionality. It’s one of Paul’s 10 essential exercises. Here’s everything you need to know about the Front Squat.