Powerlifting is a strength based program focused on the Bench, Squat and Deadlift. In a powerlifting program, the athlete is focused on gaining strength using the prime moves of Deadlift, Bench, and Squat. By adding in variations on the main lifts (Sumo Deadlift, Romanian, or Front Squat, Incline Bench etc) and adding accessory moves (Dumbell press, Pull ups, Tate Press etc), you quickly and consistently gain overall strength. This article discuss several powerlifting programs in detail as well as how to perform several of key powerlifting exercises.
A Strength Training class utilizing powerlifting and Olympic lifting. You’ll master the Bench Press, Squat, Standing Press, Deadlift, Power Clean, Jerk and many other time-proven techniques to make you stronger. It’s addictive, as you surpass your previous records. If you want to be Strong, this is the class to take.
Overview. The following article and linked resources are useful for a personal trainer or someone looking to hire a personal trainer. I’ve been a coach and personal trainer for over 10 years. I’ve seen amazing personal trainers, and I’ve seen coaches that have no business training anyone.
Declaring yourself a personal trainer and having knowledge and experience to be successful are two different things. Here’s the formula I have used, and some of the best articles on personal training I have written. I hope they are helpful for you:
Your personal training program in Alexandria VA will be designed according to your goals and fitness level. We will customize your program to help you move better, lose weight, build strength, etc. We build our programs to improve your health first. Looking better is a byproduct a healthy, good-moving body. We specialize in helping people with mobility restrictions and previous injuries such as retired military. Weight loss programs, powerlifting, strength training for runners, we do it all.
CrossFit, Yoga, Mobility, and Personal Training Certifications
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- Functional Aging Specialist (FAI): Specialty Training For Older Adults and Seniors
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- TRX Group Training Certification: Specialization in teaching TRX Suspension Training in Group Classes
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching, Meal Planning, and Diet
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation: Basic First Aid and CPR
We offer Powerlifting Strength, CrossFit Conditioning, Beyond Stretch Mobility Classes, and Yoga Alignment Classes. We design our fitness classes so that they are safe for new members, but tough enough to challenge our long term members. Special attention is paid to fundamentals and quality of movement.