75 Common Foods Analyzed. Get the facts straight without searching for a “nutritionist near me.” Straight-up facts on which foods you should eat, and which ones are better off avoided.
Better Meal Prep in Alexandria VA. On May 28th, we asked Alexandria VA how they can improve the above meal. We offered $100 Sand & Steel Gift Certificates for the best answers. Here’s what you said, and here’s who won.
An Amazing Recipe for Ham, Egg, and Squash Cup by Aimee
A Curated List of Effective Workouts, Weight Loss Tips, and Lifehacks to help you Get Healthy and Stay Healthy. The Get Healthy Stay Healthy Guide covers every personal training, yoga, nutrition, lifestyle, and health topic for all people. It contains every secret, life-hack, and shortcut. After two hours of Googling, you finally found it. The Roadmap, Landmark Guide to Get Healthy Stay Healthy.
Sand & Steel’s latest nutrition tips and strategies. This blog post is dynamically updated as we discuss new nutrition tips and strategies based on the nutrition consultations our clients have at Sand & Steel (so bookmark it with CTRL D). We cover topics like how much soy is too much? Is artificial sugar really that bad? Does the kind of tea I drink affect weight loss? How to balance macros for improving body composition, etc. With over 8 years of nutrition and weight loss in Alexandria VA, you’ll this is a very long post.
Bold flavors combining bursts of citrus, hard and soft textures, the Oat Builder is a simple but amazing tasting breakfast. Almond creme, raspberry, pistachios, and more. Piping hot cereal threatens heats your mouth as the cool almond creme rushes in save it at the last second. This is a “Five Star” recipe all the way, and took months of practice to perfect!
Reading on forums like bodybuilding.com, you’ll find a huge …
Official Contest Entry form, Official Rules, and Prizes.
At first they will ask you why you are doing this. Then they’ll ask you how. Three words… Get Steel Strong!
Chicken Curry From Scratch
(with available Shortcuts)
Chicken breast is an excellent food because it’s low in fat, and high in protein. But seared chicken can get a little repetitive. Chicken Curry to the rescue! This recipe contains no sweeteners other than coconut milk. The only added fat is a mere 2 TBL of butter per serving.
Coconut Chicken Curry is essentially Ghee, Garam Marsala, tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken stock, and aromatics. Healthy right? Not quite, your typical restaurant will pour in about a pound of butter for 6 chicken breasts. Considering most athletes might eat 1.5 pieces of chicken, that’s one stick of butter per serving! And you wonder why Indian and Thai food will make you gain weight. Truth be told, 1/4 stick of Ghee is enough, and that’s what we’ll base the following recipe on.
How bad is one stick of butter anyway? Very. It’s worth 840 calories and 58 grams of saturated fat which is about 300% over your daily recommended allowance.
Origin Nutrition Topic 41: Late Night Snacks? Good or Bad?
No Carbs after 7:00, because your metabolism slows down. Take this Article by Dirk’s health with recommends not eating late at night because your metabolism slows down.1 Notice the lack of citations to authority.
The premise behind this broscience is false. Metabolism during the REM cycle in healthy individuals is often higher than resting metabolism.2 Plus, it has been clinically demonstrated that eating carbs before going to bed helps people fall asleep.3
“Carbs at Night Help with Weight Loss?”
- Dirks Health http://www.dirkshealth.com.au/late-night-snacks/ ↩
- European Journal Clinical Nutrition Seale JL, Conway JM. Relationship between overnight energy expenditure and BMR measured in a room-sized calorimeter. Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999 Feb;53(2):107-11. ↩
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition ↩
Paul talks about Obesity I lost my Father to …
Protein and BCAA Broken Down
Talk to any bodybuilder about supplements and the topic of BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acids) and Protein will come up very quickly… but what do they do and how do they work?
- Should women take protein and BCAAs?
- What are BCAA’s and why are they important to take?
- What about other amino acids like glutamine and citrulline malate?
- What about Vegan protein?
- Isn’t eating chicken good enough?
- Can I have too much protein?
- Is soy protein bad for me?
- What is the difference between Whey, Whey Isolated, and Whey Hydrolized
- What are essential amino acids?
- What are difference between brands? (taste, toxins, dissolvability, cramping.) We only sell two brands of protein Metrx and Sunwarrior. Vastly different proteins, but both represent two of the best protein you can buy in their respective markets.
- Isolate Whey Protein vs Whey Concentration
- Steel Tech protein powder
- Sugar in Protein Powder
- Fat in Protein Powder
- Best Time to take?
- Should you take it with breakfast
- Why Whey is better than Casein
- Whey vs Vegetarian (Soy, Pea, Cranberry, etc.
- What’s the Difference Between Brands (Taste, toxins, cramps, dissolvability)
These questions and more were discussed during the Old Town Strength Club For Women meeting. Click below to see the footage:
Curing Cramping Through Caffeine Regulation
There are many causes for cramps:
- Lack of conditioning;
- Dehydration; and
- Electrolyte deficiency (Calcium, Chlorine, Potassium, Sodium)
Here’s how to track down your source, and how to prevent cramps from reoccurring.