This article is designed for personal trainers looking to get better at writing and designing beginner workout plans. More specifically, this video post discusses how to design functional strength training workouts for beginners.
We are passionate about helping people lose weight and move better. We help clients improve strength through focused programs in power lifting and hypertrophy. We improve clients balance and range of motion with our mobility programming. And we have state of the art programming in weight loss and transformation style workouts.
What we need is you … Sand & Steel is helping more clients than ever, and we need more people on our team.
Overview. The following article and linked resources are useful for a personal trainer or someone looking to hire a personal trainer. I’ve been a coach and personal trainer for over 10 years. I’ve seen amazing personal trainers, and I’ve seen coaches that have no business training anyone.
Declaring yourself a personal trainer and having knowledge and experience to be successful are two different things. Here’s the formula I use, and some of the best articles on personal training I have written. I hope they are helpful for you:
Welcome to our post about body transformation! I am going to outline the 7 most important aspects to efficiently complete a weight loss transformation. You’ll find training tips, programming tips, nutrition tips, and a complete list of all the supplements and foods I recommend. – Paul Roberts | Strength, Weight Loss and Mobility Coach
Looking to Hire the Best Trainer in your area? Download Sand & Steel’s free eBook on what questions to ask your next personal trainer.
Getting a Tax Deduction and Health Insurance Coverage for your Personal Training
Wondering if you can deduct personal training sessions a taxable deduction? What if you could actually have your insurance cover it? Step one is to use our Online Letter of Medical Necessity Generator. You’ll also find a sample PDF of Letter Medical Necessity to hand to your doctor.
Paul talks about Obesity I lost my Father to obesity when I was only 17, and so I know full well the reality of what obesity can do to a … Read more
Certifications and Credentials
- Biomedical Engineer: Johns Hopkins University
- Yoga Inversions and Arm Balances Workshop
- Yoga SCW Level II Certified: Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, Chakra balancing, Inversions, Pranayamas
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC): Improve Flexibility and Strength at the End of Range of Motion
- Kinstretch: Mobility and Flexibility Certification for Group Classes
- Functional Aging Specialist (FAI): Specialty Training For Older Adults and Seniors
- 3DMAPS: 3 Dimensional Movements Analysis and Performance System
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Rehabilitation and Mobility
- Mobility|WOD Movement and Mobility Specialist: Movement and Mechanics
- RockTape FMT RockBlades Basic & Advanced: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM), Graston, and Scraping to Alleviate Pain and Improve Mobility
- RockTape FMT Performance and Basic: Functional Movement Techniques & Advanced Kinetic Taping
- RockTape FMT RockPods Cupping: Cupping to Improve Tissue Regeneration and Release Entrapped Nerves
- RockTape FMT RockFloss: Voodoo Bands and Occlusion Band (RockFloss) Therapy to Loosen and Mobilize Tight Fascia
- Y-Balance Testing: Examination of Movement Patterns and Imbalances for Functional Assessment
- FMS Level II: Functional Movement Screen and Corrective Exercise Techniques
- Road Runner Certified Coach: RRCA Certified Coach
- Starting Strength Seminar: Powerlifting Certification by Mark Riptoe
- TRX Suspension Training: Core and Bodyweight Training Techniques
- TRX Group Training Certification: Specialization in teaching TRX Suspension Training in Group Classes
- TRX Functional Training: Specialization in Multi-modal Techniques Combining TRX with Other Training System
- RKC Russian Kettlebell Club: Strength & Conditioning Through Kettlebells
- CrossFit Level 2: Weight loss and Metabolic Training
- CrossFit Powerlifting: Strength Training
- CrossFit Gymnastics: Bodyweight and Mobility
- CrossFit Scaling Course: Progressions and Regressions for Weight Lifting
- CrossFit Lesson Planning: Effective Techniques for Structuring Workouts
- CrossFit Pose Running: How to Spot Faults in Running Technique
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw: How to Spot Faults in Gymnastics and Weight Lifting Technique
- Precision Nutrition: Nutrition Coaching, Meal Planning, and Diet
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED National Foundation: Basic First Aid and CPR